Skip to main content
首页 > 电影点评 »正文

外国小哥在派对上挑战吃壁虎,呕吐10天后痛苦地死去

电影点评 adm1n 2019-11-09 08:52:49 查看评论 加入收藏

Man dies in ‘agony’ 10 days after being dared to eat gecko at party

一男子在派对上挑战吃壁虎,10天后“痛苦”地死去

来源:独立报 翻译:世界播

A father-of-three died in “absolute agony” 10 days after he was dared to eat a gecko by friends at a party, his family has said.

据一男子(三个孩子的父亲)的家人说,他在派对上被朋友怂恿吃壁虎,10天后“极度痛苦”地死去。

David Dowell, from Queensland, Australia, was rushed to hospital last December and later diagnosed with severe salmonella.

来自澳大利亚昆士兰州的大卫·道尔去年12月被紧急送往医院,后来被诊断出感染严重的沙门氏菌。

Mr Dowell's family said he began vomiting green bile, his urine turned black and fluid leaked from his stomach, which had bloated so much that he looked like he was six months pregnant.

道尔的家人表示,他开始呕吐绿胆汁,小便变黑,胃部渗出液体且胀得很厉害,看起来就像是怀孕6个月一样。

More than half a year on, his family have said they are still searching for answers over what caused his death after hearing conflicting reports about what happened at the party.

半年多过去了,他的家人表示,在听到有关派对上发生的事情相互矛盾的说法后,他们仍在寻找他死亡原因的答案。

“There has been no evidence that he actually ate [the gecko] because there was: 'Oh yeah I saw him eat it'. And then: 'No, I didn’t see him eat it,'” his daughter Hannah told the Brisbane Times.

“没有证据表明他真的吃了壁虎,因为有人说:‘哦,是的,我看到他吃了它。’又有人说:‘不,我没看见他吃。’”他的女儿汉娜告诉《布里斯班时报》。

She added: "It was a dare, so he might have intended to eat it and then thrown it away.”

她还说:“这是一个挑战,所以他本可能打算吃掉它,之后又把它扔掉了。”

道尔和阿利拉

However, when Mr Dowell’s partner, Allira, told a doctor about the gecko, they reportedly said it could have been the cause of the illness.

不过,当道尔先生的伴侣阿利拉告诉医生关于壁虎的事情时,他们说壁虎可能就是导致这种疾病的原因。

The family said when he first fell ill, paramedics were reluctant to take him to hospital as they believed he only had a bad bout of gastroenteritis or a hangover.

他的家人说,当他一开始感到身体不适时,医护人员不愿意送他去医院,因为他们认为他只是得了严重的肠胃炎或宿醉。

Less than two weeks after he was dared to eat the gecko, Mr Dowell died in surgery.

在道尔先生挑战吃壁虎不到两周后,他在手术中死亡。

Allira told 7News that the attention around her partner had been extremely distressing and she wanted him to be remembered for more than the cause of his death.

阿利拉告诉澳洲七号电视网,她伴侣的相关事情引起的关注让她非常痛苦,她希望大家记住的是他这个人,而不是他的死因。

"I didn't want him remembered like this, I want to remember the happy times," she said.

她说:“我不想他以这样的方式被记住,我想记住那些快乐的时光。”

Salmonella is a type of bacteria, known for causing foodborne illnesses, that in typical cases only leads to diarrhoea, stomach cramps and fever.

沙门氏菌是一种细菌,众所周知它会引起食源性疾病,通常只会导致腹泻、胃痉挛和发烧。

Mark Turner, deputy head at the University of Queensland school of agriculture and food sciences, said the gecko may have been the cause of the death because a wide range of animals can carry salmonella, such as turtles, snakes, frogs and geckos.

昆士兰大学农业和食品科学学院副院长马克·特纳说,壁虎可能是导致死亡的原因,因为很多动物都携带沙门氏菌,比如乌龟、蛇、青蛙和壁虎。

“It’s possible that if the gecko was eaten, as it was being digested, the salmonella was released, but I have never heard of anything like this before,” he told the Brisbane Times.

他在接受《布里斯班时报》采访时表示:“如果壁虎被吃掉并被消化,沙门氏菌就会释放出来,这是有可能致死的,但我以前从未听说过类似的事情。”

In a statement, Mater Hospital, where Dowell was treated, said it could not comment on the cause of death due to patient confidentiality.

道尔接受治疗的Mater Hospital在一份声明中说,基于病人保密原则,医院无法就死亡原因置评。

It added that the "case was referred to the coroner, who determined Mater had provided appropriate care and no further action was required.”

声明中还说,“此案已交由验尸官处理,验尸官认为Mater Hospital已经提供了妥善的照护,不需要采取进一步措施。”